Tuesday, May 4, 2010

sketch development (lots of work to do)

We've officially crossed the 'midterm' line, and things are kicking into full-gear. it's go-time, and there is just no getting around that...

So, I've narrowed my to-do list down to this:
-basic assembly of parts/how it goes together
>right now, assembling a porta-potty involves a whole lot of rivets and some serious manpower (at least as far as I can tell from taking one apart last night) I would like to introduce a design that makes it easier on the guys assembling these things

-complete process
>I need to make one big, epic storyboard about the entire process of using this thing- from production to assembly to transportation (and delivery) to use to servicing to collecting to cleaning to end of life; this will help get everyone on the same page and make the benefits of my design more evident

- integrated design of interior
>everything should look like it goes together while communicating hygiene and cleanliness
>what I *think will be on the inside of this thing, as of now:
1. toilet with some sort of sawdust flush
2. toilet paper holder
3. rubbish receptacle
4. hand sanitizer
5. hooks for coats and bags

-cohesive design of exterior
>no reason this thing has to be ugly

-visual language to communicate environmental benefit
>based on my small survey, some people would be excited to know that their port-a-potty is saving the world; I think there is some real opportunity for strong visual language around the potty. I'd like to make the entire experience better...

Lots of work, no question about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment